Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crafty Deed of the Day- Paper Flowers

Hi Girls!
So today I went to a used book sale at my library. I need ed a couple of things and thought that would be a good place to get them. While I was browsing, a section caught my eye that would of never before, the comic book section! I was looking through them and thought, gee, everyone is using vintage music note sheets, why not use comics? They have adorable pictures and little words and some are even in color! The one I used for this craft was a black+white because I wanted the colored paper and embellishments to be the color for this project. This is a fun and easy way to add color and style to a room, a party, or even a door! Have fun with this project!
















MATERIALS:
  • Old comic book
  • Colored paper of your choice
  • White card stock paper
  • Large colored button
  • Any flower template of your choice (three different size of each flower)
  • Glue stick
  • "No-Mess Adhesive"

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Take any flower template of your choice and trace all three sizes onto a plain sheet of white card stock paper, this will later serve as a strong "base" for each of your flowers, cut out.
  2. Take the biggest size of your flower template and the smallest size and trace onto your comic book sheets, cut out.
  3. Take the medium size flower template and trace it onto the colored paper of your choice, (I choose my paper to match my jumbo buttons), cut out.
  4. Take all of your cut out shapes and match them with the card stock backs you made earlier and glue the backs to the comics and colored paper with a glue stick.
  5. Take all three shapes and glue together to make the desired shape
  6. Take your jumbo button and glue to the flower's middle with "No-Mess Adhesive"
Done! This crafty is quick drying so it won't be too much trouble! I hope this project will be fun and easy for you! Good luck!
                                                    Thanks! -Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment