Friday, January 28, 2011

Crafty Deed of the Day- Candle Holder

Hello Everyone!
Today my mom and I went to a rummage sale at a community house. IT WAS PACKED! Not much good quality looking time but we were able to pick up a couple of things! One of the things I picked up was a beautiful little candle holder with a cameo on it, but they were 2 for $0.25. The other candle holders left had the ribbon boarder and cameo pulled off. They really were bad looking but I couldn't just get one so I got one of the scuffed up ones. When I was about to throw it away I suddenly saw great potential in it (ha ha ha). So I went to my mom's ribbon rack, and my embellishment cabinet and here's what I came up with:


 MATERIALS:
  • Any candle holder (damaged or not)
  • Ribbon
  • Glue or zots
  • Scissors
  • OPTIONAL: Embellishments
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
  1.  Pick a ribbon you like or that matches the surroundings that the candle holder will be in. Measure and cut the appropriate amount.
  2. Apply glue or zots (pre-cut circular sticky dots, that's what I used) ONTO THE RIBBON, not the candle holder, it may run and end up being where you don't want it. Apply the ribbon to the candle holder.
  3. This is where you can add embellishments. My candle holder already had a "medallion" thing on it so it worked really well for me. I used music notes to back the medallion. I took an old ring that I do not wear any more (it's a mood ring, I hope the candle holder doesn't become mad!) I cut off the part that goes around your finger and used super glue to apply it to the candle holder.
Note: This exact candle holder can be purchased at Dollar Tree. I recently purchased the blue one there. The ones at the dollar store will come with a cameo on it. It is very possible though to pull the cameo off and use this pattern.
                               Thanks! -Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment