Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafty Deed of the Day- Stryofoam Valentines Day Wreath

Hi Everyone!
            Today I'm trapped in the house with all 2.5 feet of snow and yet did not a a minute to do a craft!!!! A sin, I know!!! Even though I didn't do anything real crafty TODAY I wanted to share with you a recipe for the perfect Valentines Day craft that I made last Valentines Day. I got this idea from my mom who make something like this to hang on an arrow. I don't have a picture for it today because I didn't make one today, but I wanted to get this tutorial ready early enough for you all to make one, let it dry, and hang in in time for Valentines Day! Have Fun!!!


MATERIALS:
  • A styrofoam heart (any size)
  • LOTS of glitter, for mine, I used pink)
  • Desired mechanism for hanging
  • Craft Glue
  • Surface for glittering
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Take your stryofoam heart and brush with a generous coat of craft glue on one of the sides.
  2. Now coat with glitter color of your choice.
  3. Let dry for roughly 1 hour.
  4. Repeat for other side.
  5. Let whole thing dry overnight.
  6. Hold up and sprinkle extra glitter off.
Done! Hope it looks good with your other Valentines Day decor! Good Luck!
                                                           <3- Thanks- Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment